CariScreen Caries Susceptibility Testing Meter - CariScreen - Diagnosis - Shop
The CariScreen Caries Susceptibility Test is a simple 1-minute chair-side bacterial test for assessing patients' caries risk. The patent pending CariScreen uses ATP bioluminescence to identify oral bacterial load and has been proven to correlate with patients' risk for decay. Click here to read research on the CariScreen.
The test is quick and painless. You simply take a swab sample of the plaque from your patients' teeth, which when combined with special bioluminescence reagents within the swab, will create a reaction which is then measured with the meter. The CariScreen will give a score between 0 and 9,999. A score under 1,500 is considering relatively healthy, while above that shows considerable risk for decay. This technology not only allows you to measure your patients' risk for decay today, but also helps measure their progress as they follow the recommended protocols for reducing risk.
- Oral Biofilm Activity, Culture Testing and Caries Experience in School Children
- K B Hallett, P K O'Rourke; Royal Children's Hospital, QLD Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia, 2009
- ATP Bioluminescence: Quantitative Assessment of Plaque Bacteria Surrounding Orthodontic Appliances
- R Sauerwein, P Pellegrini, T Finlayson, J Kimmell, I Kasimi, D Covell Jr, T Maier, CA Machida, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, USA
- Plaque Retention by Self-Ligating vs Elastomeric Orthodontic Brackets: Quantitative Comparison of Oral Bacteria and Detection with Adenosine Triphosphate-Driven Bioluminescence
- P Pellegrini, R Sauerwein, T Finlayson, J McLeod, D Covell Jr, T Maier, CA Machida; American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, April 2009