Questions to ask your dentist
When it comes to your health, this is a good time
to get mouthy!
Speak up next time you're in the dental chair.
- How do my oral health habits -- how often I brush and floss -- affect the rest of my body, in addition to my gums and teeth?
- What are signs to watch out for in my mouth that might indicate a problem in my body?
- What do you need to know about my general health history and medications to evaluate my oral health?
- Have you seen any warning signs of a possible serious condition that I should relay to my doctor?
- How do you keep updated on the latest in general and cosmetic dental techniques and technology?
- How can I improve my dental health?
- Should I change my toothpaste or should I floss more often?
- Should I use a fluoride rinse?
- Are the desired results I described realistic?
- Is there an alternative treatment that I should consider as well?
- Should I have a genetic test to determine my susceptibility to periodontal disease?
- If I have gum disease, should I have a blood test (C-Reactive Protein or Hemoglobin A1C) to see if there may be a connection to my systemic health?
- Do you have recommendations for my diet?
- Can you help me quit smoking?
- Do you perform risk assessment for caries and periodontal disease?
- Can you help me create a health plan so that I can keep my teeth for life?